New York City Premises Liability Lawyer
Over 20,000 Cases Handled. More Than $1 Billion Recovered.
If you have been catastrophically injured on someone else’s property, New York premises liability laws may come into play. We highly encourage you to speak with a personal injury attorney about your situation in order to protect your rights and future. By receiving legal help and counsel from the start, you will be on your way to making the most informed choices and giving yourself the best possible chance of maximizing the financial compensation you may be entitled to under the law.
If you are ready to get started on your case, don’t wait to contact a New York personal injury lawyer at our office. Mirman, Markovits & Landau, P.C. is committed to providing the highest level of client service available. We are passionate about our clients’ rights. When you work with our firm, you will receive knowledgeable, hard-hitting support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Give us a call today to find out how we can put more than a century of experience to work for you.
Our Firm’s Recent Victories in Premises Liability Cases
- $4,000,000.00 award: A mother was assaulted and raped in her home
- $3,150,000.00 settlement: A carpenter fell down an unprotected elevator shaft
- $2,791,000.00 award: A postal worker tripped and fell on a broken sidewalk
- $2,250,000.00 award: A construction worker was injured due to unsafe conditions
- $2,000,000.00 award: A child was hit by the bathroom sink in her apartment
- $1,900,000.00 award: A man was shot while shopping at the supermarket
- $1,700,000.00 settlement: A woman was injured in an elevator collapse
Examples of Dangerous Property Conditions
Injuries from premises liability cases may be serious, so your approach to legal action should be equally serious. Speaking with our New York City injury attorneys can mean the difference between zero compensation and maximum recovery. Our legal team has handled more than 20,000 claims and recovered over $1 billion for our clients. Because of our thorough grasp of the complex laws governing premises liability, we are a good team to have on your side. We passionately represent individuals who have suffered life-altering injuries such as severe burns, spinal cord damage, brain injuries, and other catastrophic injuries.
Some of the most common premises liability claims involve:
Elements of a Successful Premises Liability Claim
In New York, property owners are responsible for ensuring the safety of their guests—whether they own a restaurant, apartment complex, shopping mall, or private residence. If a property owner fails to conduct routine maintenance or remove potential hazards, and someone who visits the property is injured as a result, they can be held accountable. This is called premises liability. However, in order to file a successful claim, the victim must be able to establish that:
- They were lawfully on the property (i.e. they were not trespassing)
- The owner knew, or should have known, about a hazard on the property
- The owner failed to remove the hazard or warn visitors about the risks
- The property owner’s negligence caused their injuries or damages
Schedule a Free Consult with Our Personal Injury Lawyers
If you or a loved one has suffered a life-altering injury on another person’s property, we can help your family get through this time. You may be eligible for restitution, including compensation for medical expenses, physical pain, emotional suffering, missed wages, permanent disability and disfigurement. Let our team review your case at no cost. Whether your accident occurred in Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan, New York City, or the Bronx, the sooner you speak with a lawyer, the better. You can rely on Mirman, Markovits & Landau, P.C. for effective advocacy.