New York Slip & Fall Accident Lawyer
New York Premises Liability Attorneys for the Catastrophically Injured
Slip-and-fall accidents occur in any number of ways and can result in severe or even life-altering injuries, such as broken bones, neck injuries, brain damage, knee injuries, spinal cord damage, and more. When this happens, it is important to speak with a New York personal injury lawyer. You may be running out of time to file your personal injury claim, so take action today.
Why should you choose Mirman, Markovits & Landau, P.C. to represent your case?
- We are ready to take your call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- We are backed by $1 billion in recoveries for our clients
- We have practiced law for more than 100 combined years
- We will come to you – in the hospital or at your home
Contact our office today at 212-227-4000 to request your free, no-obligation consultation.
Establishing Fault in a Slip & Fall Accident Case
In New York, property owners have a legal duty to provide a reasonably safe environment for their visitors. This means that they must take steps to remedy potentially hazardous conditions as soon as they arise. If they fail to do so, and a visitor is subsequently injured on their property, they can be held liable for damages. However, since not all accidents can be avoided, property owners can only be held accountable for a slip and fall if one of the following is true:
- The property owner or an employee caused the dangerous condition
- The property owner or an employee knew about the dangerous condition
- The property owner or an employee should have known about the danger
Our Recent Victories in Slip & Fall Accident Cases
- $2,791,000.00 award: Postal worker tripped and fell on a broken sidewalk
- $2,250,000.00 award: Construction worker fell due to unsafe conditions
- $900,000.00 settlement: Young man slipped and fell on a rock quarry
- $860,000.00 award: Woman slipped and fell due a leaking ceiling
- $800,000.00 award: Tenant slipped and fall on garbage in their building
- $600,000.00 award: Man slipped and fell on a broken sidewalk
What are my rights after an accident?
Slip-and-fall accidents can be caused by slippery surfaces, uneven floors, missing steps, broken railings, inadequate lighting, and more. Whatever caused your injury, it is important to understand how premises liability laws impact what happened to you. At Mirman, Markovits & Landau, P.C., we are familiar with New York’s complex laws regarding personal injury. You can count on us to provide the knowledgeable legal guidance you need after a serious accident.
In New York, the most common locations of slip and fall accidents include:
Our firm has helped more than 20,000 catastrophically injured clients with our passionate support and effective advocacy, which has led to more than $1 billion in successful verdicts and settlements. When you need an ally who is always accessible and resourceful, you can count on Mirman, Markovits & Landau, P.C. Learn why so many of our clients have referred our firm to their friends and families when you call. Your first consultation is on us, so don’t wait to take advantage of this opportunity.
Our New York City Premises Liability Lawyers Offer Free Consultations
In order to make sure that your rights are fully protected and that you have not overlooked an opportunity to obtain deserved compensation, speak with a New York City personal injury attorney at our firm. We have been advocating for the rights of seriously injured victims since 1977, and now we are ready to assist you. Contact our office today to find out how we can put more than 100 years of experience to work for you! We are available to take your call 24 hours a day.
Call us today at 212-227-4000. We offer free consultations, so the help you need is just a phone call away.