Crane Accident Lawyer in New York City
New York Construction Accident Lawyer
Construction sites are filled with potential hazards, including dangers posed by large cranes. As New York is home to many construction sites where cranes are used, operators, construction workers, and the general public face serious risks of being injured, especially when negligence is involved or construction companies fail to follow regulations.
If you have been injured due to negligence in a crane accident on or near a construction site – or if your loved one has passed away in a fatal accident involving a crane – you have the right to pursue financial compensation from the at-fault party. At Mirman, Markovits & Landau, P.C., our legal team has extensive experience fighting for victims of construction accidents, and we are prepared to fight aggressively for the compensation you and your family deserve.
Reasons to Choose Mirman, Markovits & Landau, P.C.
- We have recovered over $1 billion in compensation for clients.
- Our firm has been proudly serving New York since 1977.
- We are available 24/7 and make home or hospital visits.
- There are no fees unless we win your case.
Learn more about your case, legal rights, and how our firm can help you during a FREE and confidential consultation.
To get started, call 212-227-4000.
Protecting Your Right to Compensation
Because cranes are massive machines capable of carrying and moving immense weights from heights, crane accidents have an overwhelming potential to cause catastrophic injuries and wrongful death. Because of this, victims depend on recovering full and fair compensation for their damages, which may include:
- Medical bills and costs of future medical needs
- Lost wages and diminished ability to work
- Permanent impairment, disfigurement, or disability
- Pain and suffering and mental anguish
- Emotional injuries sustained by victims’ families
In order to help workers and injured passerby secure the compensation they need, our team of skilled New York City crane accident attorneys works diligently to investigate the accident and determine if negligence played a role in causing or contributing to the incident. Unfortunately, many crane accidents are the result of negligence and shortcuts taken by companies that put profits over people’s safety.
Determining who is negligent and liable for a crane accident is different in every case, and may involve some of the following common factors:
- Unsafe working conditions
- Crane operator error
- Improper training for operators
- Poor supervision
- Violations of safety laws
- Poor maintenance of cranes
- Mechanical defects
Although workers’ compensation may be available to construction workers hurt in crane accidents, the compensation they are eligible to recover may be limited. This is why our team devotes resources into fully investigating the accident and determining if the construction company or another third party can be held liable. Our goal is to help workers and any other victim of a crane accident recover the maximum compensation possible.
The construction industry is heavily regulated, and companies that fail to abide by the rules should be held accountable when their negligence causes harm. Because we have handled many construction accident cases over the years, our team is highly familiar with the common failures and violations that can lead to crane accidents. This includes a new law that required all crawler cranes in New York to cease operations when winds exceed 20 mph and gusts exceed 30 mph.
A Proven Record in New York City Construction Accident Cases
Mirman, Markovits & Landau, P.C. has leveraged decades of combined experience to obtain success for many victims and families harmed in construction accidents, including those involving cranes. Over the years, we’ve established a proven record in these cases, and we have the insight and resources to handle the complex legal matters they entail.
Some of our notable construction accident case results include:
- $6.75 million verdict for a Bronx construction worker injured and disabled from work as a result of the construction company’s negligence.
- $2.25 million jury verdict on behalf of a construction worker who suffered head injuries due to unsafe conditions on the construction site.
- $2 million recovered on behalf of the estate of a Brooklyn construction worker who was killed after falling off a ladder. Our team was able to prove the construction site was responsible for the death.
Request a FREE Consultation with a New York Crane Accident Attorney
Time is of the essence in accident cases, which is why we strongly encourage victims and their loved ones to reach out to our firm as soon as possible after an accident. Our lawyers can explain your rights and whether you may be entitled to compensation, and can help ensure you receive the medical treatment you need as we pursue a recovery of your damages.
Contact our firm today for a FREE consultation.